Our industry is uniquely positioned to respond to the global outbreak of COVID-19.
Life Science Tennessee is actively communicating with elected officials, state agencies, and industry partners to ensure Tennessee is at the forefront of combating the virus and taking proper action to keep the state safe during the global outbreak.
Below are resources available to companies and research institutions supporting the development of innovative approaches and therapies to combat COVID-19.
- BIO Hub: This hub enables users to post requests for urgently needed items and announce the availability of supplies and capacity. The portal connects in real-time through customized and searchable postings.
- BARDA Hub: The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) launched a hub where they are carefully reviewing all research opportunities that are submitted on it. You can request a meeting if you are working on a vaccine, diagnostic, therapeutic, or offering some other service or product.
- Project N95: Hospitals and suppliers can sign up for this national PPE clearinghouse.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: An overview of guidance for businesses and employers.
- World Health Organization: General updates on the pandemic.
- Office of the Governor
- TN Department of Health
- TN Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- TN Department of Economic & Community Development
- Tennessee Innovation Crowdsource Platform with LaunchTN
- SBA Guide: The U.S. Small Business Administration has put together this resource guide, including how to apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Checklist: This helpful checklist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce includes information on applying for COVID-19 emergency small business loans.
On Monday Moderna announced that a preliminary test in eight healthy volunteers was safe and effective against the virus. Moderna is one of eight drug makers who have begun testing their vaccine candidate in humans. Meanwhile, Gilead increased its donation of [...]