By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. Information Collection And Use
When you use the Site, we process certain types of Information, as described below.
a. “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information that we collect on the Site includes first and last name, email, postal address, phone number, and a credit card number. When you access or use the Site, you may provide Personal Information to us, such as when you request to receive information or support, when you sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, or when you sign up as a member by completing the Membership Registration Form.
b. “Non-Personal Information” does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system; the application or software that you used to access the Site; the time you accessed the Site; your browser type, language configuration clicks, and page views; the terminal with which you accessed the Site; and the websites you visited before accessing the Site. Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we also use Google Analytics. For a comprehensive explanation of the data collected by Google and how it is used, visit this link.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.” Information we collect about you may be aggregated with other users’ Information. It may also be combined with associated Personal Information that you provide to us or that we receive from third parties.
c. Third-Party Social Networking Service(s). If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
d. Use of Information. We use Non-Personal Information collected by cookies, web beacons, and other Internet tracking technology to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site.
e. Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User’s hard drive containing information related to the User’s visit to our Site. Life Science Tennessee only uses these cookies to facilitate the operation of the Site; they are not and will not be used for any other purpose, and no data related to those will be made available to any third party now or in the future. You may, at any time, modify, delete or block the cookies stored on your device by Life Science Tennessee. This may affect your usage of or access to the Site. Please refer to your browser’s documentation to learn how to proceed. By visiting the Site without disabling this function, you accept the use of these cookies.
f. Legitimate Business Purposes. We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Site to you, including, but not limited to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Site, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Site.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Site. We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information relating to your membership with and interest in Life Science Tennessee. To unsubscribe from these emails, click the “Opt out” link available in each email we send.
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Site. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and services, including our Site.
g. How We Share Information. We do not sell your information, and we require that our partners comply with all applicable data protection legislation in their use of your information. We may share Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Site (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- a. All My Web Needs is the webmaster and host for the Site.
- b. Stripe is a financial services and software as a service company that processes credit card transactions from membership on our Site.
- We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
2. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us. All access to the Site is, by default, encrypted and protected. Personal Information is stored in servers that use multi-tiered security practices to protect from unauthorized users.
Nonetheless, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or otherwise provided to us, and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
3. Links to Third Party Sites
4. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
Last updated: March 2021